How to Modify Form Fields and Elements
PDF files have made work more efficient for most business operations around the world. There’s no need to print out forms, physically fill them in, and scan them back to your intended recipient. Kofax Power PDF has simplified administrative tasks, especially for businesses dealing with heaps of paperwork. It’s one of the most powerful PDF editors that you will find and a robust alternative to Adobe Acrobat.
The simplicity of the software is part of what makes it appealing. We’ll take you through the easy steps that you should know when you want to modify form fields and elements in a document.
Step-by-Step Guide to Modifying Form Field and Elements
Nobody enjoys complicated processes, least of all employees who are working with paperwork for most of their workdays. With Power PDF, you can edit form fields and elements in a matter of seconds.
These are the essential steps to remember when you need to adjust forms, fields, and elements:
- Open the document that you need to edit, then click on the ‘Form’ tab at the top of the program. It will look similar to the Microsoft Office setup, so if you’ve worked with that program before, you should have no problem with this interface.
- You will find all the tools that you need to edit the document on the top-left of the screen.
- The options of ‘Button Tool’, ‘Radio Button Tool’, ‘Check Box Tool’, ‘Text Field Tool’, ‘List Box Tool’, and ‘Combo Box Tool’ will be visible. Click on the one that you wish to change. As you do so, the appropriate area will highlight, showing you what you’re working with on the form.
- A typical example is clicking the ‘Combo Box Tool’, which opens a dialogue box. Follow this process:
- Click on the ‘General’ tab to change the name of the combo box, or you can click on ‘Options’ to dive deeper.
- You can add more options to the existing list and rearrange it as you wish by clicking on the ‘up’ or ‘down’ button.
- After clicking ‘close, the process is complete.
- If you want to add a button, simply click the ‘Button Tool’, and the existing button will reveal a highlight around it so that you can see it. To adjust the button, click on it to open the dialogue box. Here is how you’d change the details within the button:
- The button properties dialogue box opens three tabs - General, Options, and Actions.
- Click on ‘Actions’ if you want to change the email address that the button leads to, then ‘submit a form’ and ‘edit’.
- Another box opens with the existing email address, which you simply remove as you add the new one. Clicking ‘OK’ finalizes the formatting.
Why Power PDF?
If you’re operating business, there’s no room for added expenses. You need to capitalize on decent partners at reasonable costs. Power PDF is far more affordable than other programs, and you can purchase a perpetual license so that your business can access immense power at an affordable rate. More than two million customers around the world agree that Power PDF is the number-one alternative to Adobe Acrobat.
Power PDF will enhance your business and improve your efficiency. It applies to both Windows and Mac users and mirrors the Microsoft Office interface, which means that your employees will have no problem using the program.
You can access Power PDF for free by testing out the 15-day trial. Experience what this software can do for your business.